Friday, October 14, 2011

Time Saving Tip #3

Time Saving Tip #3: Meal Planning
Meal planning. Honestly, that is my saving grace. Meal planning is the ticket... it saves you time, it saves you money and it saves you stress as well as probably some inches too! Here's why!

If you meal plan you are less likely to waste ingredients or have ingredients go bad before you get to them. You are also less likely to binge on something not so healthy or resort to eating out or calling in pizza which could save you some inches on your bod too! It also means that planning ahead will also save you money because you won't be buying things you don't need and you won't be throwing things out! It means that once the week starts I go into "autopilot" and just make what's on the list, which means a whole lot less thinking, pondering, or frustrating searching through the fridge trying frantically to come up with what to feed my family!

Here's some tips that I have found to be helpful. I subscribe to "Abundant Harvest Organics" which is a veggie drop box once a week that arrives on Saturdays. So, I take inventory of that and then sit down on Saturday or Sunday to look through my recipes collection (this blog!! ha!) and I pick through things that incorporate our veggies from our box. Then I write up a list of meals Monday- Friday on one side of a paper and a list of ingredients on the other side. Then, when I head off to the store, I only buy what is on my "list side" of the sheet, rarely does something make it into the cart that's not needed or recorded on the list (except for the dark chocolate something that is always welcome to take a gander in my grocery basket!). When I get home from the store, I put paper with the meal list up on the fridge to navigate my week! Simple as that. Give it a whirl, I am sure you will find it helpful- and easy too once you get into a groove! 

4 comments:

Jennie Davis said...

Do you ever have days though where you just DON'T feel like your menu item? Or does the menu almost create an appetite for the dish?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you so0o0 very much for your kind help!! www.bestindianfoodcatering.com

Unknown said...

Hmm this post is truly effective; you have defined the core factors in your write-up. Thanks forest moon